#BlackPanther Magic is happening everywhere in front and behind the scene! Just in… I received some exciting & incredible stats from Georgia Entertainment News. We always hear about the wonderful cast and super cool movie clips… check out what this film has done for the great state of Georgia! Black Panther generated more than $83.9 million in local economic activity and contributed over $26.5 million in wages to more than 3,100 workers.
Marvel’s Black Panther was shot in Atlanta, which has become one of largest HOT spots for film production. Production areas included Midtown, Piedmont Park, Castleberry Hill, Mechanicsville, West End, Vine City, Decatur, Alpharetta, Marietta, and Cartersville. A significant portion of the production’s investment supported a wide array of in-state vendors, including numerous small businesses, such as:
- More than $29.9 million spent on local rentals and purchases for set decoration, production, and other supplies.
- More than $9.4 million spent on hardware, lumber, and supplies.
- More than $5.6 million spent on lodging.
- More than $3.9 million spent on transportation, including truck and car rentals.
- More than $1.8 million spent on local catering and other food items for the cast and crew.
- More than $740,000 on local wardrobe, including dry cleaning.
How cool is this!?!!